What would it be like to be a Director of Marketing & Communications at GH+A?
The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for developing and executing a fully integrated innovative marketing and communications strategy that supports the corporate business objectives. This will include but will not be limited to: all corporate communication, marketing events, media publications, targeted campaigns and material submissions aligned with the company’s goals. He/she will lead and supervise the production of all marketing material to attract new clients and engage existing ones, increase GH+A brand awareness, and maximize the return on investment for all marketing activities.
The Director of Marketing & Communications will work in collaboration with the Associate of Retail Development and the Director of Human Resources in the execution of the business plan and provide marketing support to both. He/she will also develop relationships with key industry players related to marketing such as: editors, publishers, bloggers, design associations and selected partners in order to leverage GH+A’s portfolio and elevate the brand message, while ensuring consistency across multiple channels.
You’re interested but you would like to know the role and responsibilities?
- Develop an annual marketing plan to meet the company’s annual objectives, including a social media plan
- Direct and manage the execution the marketing strategies and tactics
- Monitor marketing trends and competitors in the industry to ensure GH+A is well positioned in the marketplace
- Leverage the opportunities for GH+A brand exposure across all platforms
- Build content to define GH+A’s brand voice
- Ensure adherence to GH+A’s brand identity graphic standards and guidelines, internally and externally
- Develop and supervise the production of all marketing collateral
- Direct the presentations for pitches, Requests for Proposals (RFPs) or initial presentations to prospective clients
- Quarterly reporting to partners and senior management on the following: marketing budget tracking with explanation for the variances and marketing campaign performance measurements and suggest corrective measures
- Determine and manage on a monthly basis the marketing budget and optimize the efficiency of the financial resources allocated to marketing
- Develop a communications plan to share GH+A news to editors, design associations, current and potential clients, including press releases of awards and major accomplishments
- In consultation with the Associate of Retail Development, lead targeted campaigns and events prior to and at selected industry conventions for client outreach
- Analyze the performance of our web pages and ensure their optimization
- Synchronize marketing efforts between the Montreal and the Detroit studios
What are our “must -haves” for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing
- 8-10 years of proven track record in a related creative field
- Strong business savvy
- Sharp analytical skills
- Natural communicator
- Responds well to pressure and ability to multi-task
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe CS5
- Experience with content management systems (CMS), web publishing systems and social media
So what does GH+A stand for?
We stand for vital, engaging retail environments designed to yield exceptional and measurable results. We stand for the power of design to move people.
Since 1985, GH+A has evolved into one of North America’s leading retail design firms. With the combined expertise of our Montreal and Detroit offices, we’re adept at managing projects around the world.
Our out-of-the-box approach to retail design focuses on creating dynamic environments including stores, shopping centres and retail master planning projects, as well as the strategic positioning of the brand image of each space.