You’re interested but you would like to know the role and responsibilities?
Here are some of them!
Scope of Position
This position requires a range of administrative responsibilities. You will be a part of the administration and finance team. The holder of his position will be handling Detroit billing and collection and will be responsible for the reception and associated tasks. Occasional travel to our Montreal studio will be required.
Administration and Reception
- You will be GH+A’s first impression. Greet and direct visitors; resolve routine administrative problems and answer inquiries concerning activities and operations of department, screen, and route telephone calls.
- Ensure high level of customer service by interacting with and addressing various telephone and in-person inquiries, in a timely manner.
- Coordinate logistical tasks in the planning process of events and meetings.
- Arrange and coordinate all travel reservations and itineraries, including but not limited to airline and hotel accommodations, business luncheons, dinner engagements, car rentals, etc., for partners, associates and project directors.
- Sort, screen, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Monitor, maintain and coordinate order of offices supplies and assist the studio in ordering specialized supplies.
- Contact person for service calls in regard to broken equipment.
- Responsible for the kitchen & conference room cleanness. Work the dishwasher and put the dishes away.
- Act as primary contact for all related payroll program and benefits (i.e. 401K, Group insurance) and forward questions to HR director.
- Support recruitment and hiring activities with HR director
- Participates in HR initiatives and special projects to support the HR director
- Coordinate orientation for new employees
Finance/Business Projects and Activities
- Review client proposals for grammar, omissions, etc.
- Conduct the monthly invoicing process for professional fees & chargeback.
- Meet with Partner, Associate and Project Directors to review project billing.
- Prepare and produce billing reports.
- Act as contact for any revision/correction/question regarding billing.
- Send pdf copies of all invoices to our clients by email.
- Support Associates and Project Directors for projects’ report
- Project filing and closeout
- Create a relationship with our clients AP department
- Enter and maintain GH+A Contact outlook – for collection
- Act as our collection officer for Detroit projects
- Keep history of collection activities and report to partners
- Follow up with our clients AP department in regards with payment
- Investigate circumstances of non-payment, help in resolving the situation to receive payment
Education and Experience
- High school degree, some college or technical training in a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
- Minimum 3 years experiences in a billing position or equivalent.
- Experience in a service company is a must.
- Experience in an architectural/design firm is an asset
Technical / Professional Skills
- MS Excel and MS Word– intermediate level a minimum.
- Communication skills, tact and diplomacy.
- Adopt a positive attitude, research solutions and suggest ameliorations.
- Detail oriented and resourceful.
- Optimal time management, foresee the work to be done, adopt efficient work methods.
- Know, master and use the various tools, equipment’s and software made available (computer, photocopier, printer, phone, etc.).
- Act with professionalism, integrity and confidentiality.
- Warden GH+A’s image and reputation in all actions.
- Convey the GH+A values through attitude and behavior.
GH+A Studios offer competitive wages, benefits, and provides many lifestyle amenities in our relaxed studio environment.
We are in downtown Detroit in a beautiful turn of the century building.
409 E. Jefferson Ave, 6th Floor, Detroit, MI, United States 48226