How would it be if you were a Design Reference Centre Manager at GH+A?
As a Design Reference Centre Manager at GH+A, you would be one of the central pillars of our organization. You would work closely with our designers providing them the necessary support to develop retail design projects, each one is more creative then the next and they are on the international level! Your knowledge of local and international suppliers, your great sense of organization and of collaboration skills as well as your talented eye for design will make you a very popular individual within a design firm as large and multi-disciplinary as ours!
Attention! The person we are looking for is not necessarily a designer. She/he wants to pursue careers in the passionate world of design but her/his goal is not to be part of a team as a designer.
You’re interested but you would like to know the duties and responsibilities?
Here are some of them!
Management of research activities.
- Research materials, products, services, suppliers and inspirational images, etc. for the designers for specific projects in the programming and design development phases of the project.
- Make Internet research.
Communication and knowledge transfer
- Inform the design teams of all novelty products available on the market.
- Organise presentation and information sessions allowing the suppliers to present their products and services.
Relations with suppliers
- Meet with representatives and order products of interest.
- Coordination with suppliers for the production of models, prototypes and other elements required for projects.
Responsible for the resource centre
- Ensure the updating of the resources in the resource centre and maintain the centre in an orderly manner.
- Keep up to date a library of visual references.
- Classify and keep up to date a library of non professional photographs.
- Keep up to date a database relating to retail and retailers.
- Archive classification.
- Controlling the magazines and renewing the subscriptions.
What are our “Must Have’s” for this position?
Education and training
- DEC in interior design or bachelor’s degree in interior design, environmental design or in a related field
- Minimum experience of 5 to 8 years in retail design, commercial, construction, architecture, visual presentation or product representation related to interior design
- Experience in retail
Skills and behaviors
- Possess a thorough understanding of the retail industry and emerging trends;
- Know the local and international suppliers in the industry. Maintain and/or develop good working contacts with them;
- Promote internally and externally the accessibility, friendly and professional service approach of our resources department;
- Ability to multitask while managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Computer skills, proficient in CAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Bluebeam, Excel and Office suit;
- Bilingual – written and oral;
***Domestic and international traveling is required.
So what does GH+A stand for?
We stand for vital, engaging retail environments designed to yield exceptional and measurable results. We stand for the power of design to move people.
Since 1985, GH+A has evolved into one of North America’s leading retail design firms. With the combined expertise of our Montreal and Detroit offices, we’re adept at managing projects around the world.
Our out-of-the-box approach to retail design focuses on creating dynamic environments including stores, shopping centres and retail master planning projects, as well as the strategic positioning of the brand image of each space.
Why should you join GH+A?
We are passionate about design, creative and energetic, ambitious and talented. Our hard work and talent has been combined to create beautiful offices with a modern loft inspiration, complimented by luminous lighting and warm greetings. Our downtown location for both our Montreal and Detroit offices makes it easily accessible.
We offer competitive salary rates, group insurance and above all, a work environment that guarantees quality work, an engaging and social environment, talented colleagues and lastly, a place of fun!
Imagine the possibilities!