What would it be like to be a Senior Project Coordinator – “Rollout” at GH+A?
GH+A has an in-house Rollout team that coordinates the execution of new store design concepts for various retailers across Canada and the United States. As a member of the team you would coordinate work of architects, engineers, consultants and other external stakeholders, as well as prepare and revise technical drawings.
The role of the project coordinator will be to contribute to the rollout teams projects under the supervision of the Project Director.
You’re interested but you would like to know the role and responsibilities?
Here are some of them!
- Liaise with other construction professionals such as; architects, engineers, consultants and other external stakeholders
- Communicate with a range of people including; clients, landlord, contractors, and suppliers
- Gathering project information/documents
- Overseeing the running of several projects simultaneously
- Attend construction site meeting to review both Landlord and/or Tenant work
- Attend substantial completion site visit and prepare deficiency reports (punch lists)
- Provide regular status updates and consult the Project Directors on any decisions that may effect; the design intent, milestone project dates, and/or construction costs
- Be mindful of project hours to ensure profitability of every project
- Assist in the preparation of technical documents
- Follow technical protocols
- Prepare, print, ship and file the drawing documents
- Calculation of area and execute quantity surveys
- Research and selection of product, finishes and technical construction details
- Write change orders
- Execute site surveys
- Execute basic plan as per site surveys
- Execute document drawing layouts
- Develop construction details
- Revise technical drawings and sample selections
- Review shop drawings
What are our “must -haves” for this position?
Education and Expertise
Graduate of 3 year Design (interior, environmental, industrial) or Architectural Technology program
Minimum of 7-10 years of proven experience in design and/or technical architecture, preferably with a focus on project coordination/management services and site supervision
- Excellent communication skills in both English & French (spoken & written)
- Forward planner with exceptional people skills and the ability to present solutions and negotiate
- Good problem solving skills are essential
- Basic knowledge of the building code
- Computer proficiency in word, excel, CAD, Photoshop, outlook, InDesign, illustrator, Sketch up.
- Ability to multitask – contributing to more than one project at a time
- Conceptualization through sketching and illustration
- Construction detailing knowledge
- Capacity to have a cohesive overview of the entire construction process
- Capacity to read architectural documents
- Ability to manage work within prescribed timelines and budget restrictions
- Ability to accept guidance and instruction; understanding and applying new skills to future projects thorough understanding of the retail industry
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of trends in the retail and design industries
So what does GH+A stand for?
We stand for vital, engaging retail environments designed to yield exceptional and measurable results. We stand for the power of design to move people.
Since 1985, GH+A has evolved into one of North America’s leading retail design firms. With the combined expertise of our Montreal and Detroit offices, we’re adept at managing projects around the world.
Our out-of-the-box approach to retail design focuses on creating dynamic environments including stores, shopping centres and retail master planning projects, as well as the strategic positioning of the brand image of each space.
Why should you join GH+A?
We are passionate about design, creative, energetic, ambitious and talented. Our hard work and talent has been combined to create beautiful offices with a modern loft inspiration, complemented by luminous lighting and warm greetings. The downtown location of both our Montreal and Detroit offices makes them easily accessible.
We offer competitive salary rates, group insurance, and above all, a work environment that guarantees quality work, an engaging and social environment, talented colleagues and lastly, a place of fun!
Imagine the possibilities!